Our durable domes are great, cost-effective solutions for:
- Custom green houses, potting sheds, gazebos, trellis, water features or cold frames.
- Portable covers to protect blocks, bricks, and sand or shade a hot tub or a sand box.
- Math teaching aids for geometry and trigonometry.
- Privacy for a shower or dressing area.
- A place for toddlers to walk, a gym for teens, or just for fun.
If you thought geodesic domes were too complicated to have any utility for ordinary uses, you should look again. This dome has only two components. The first is a joint that is the same as every other joint. You can build a dome or a sphere and the joints are interchangeable at any connection in the assembly. The second is a straight section of 2 inch ABS plastic pipe (it comes in 10 foot sections at Home Depot or Lowes.) You will have to cut the plastic pipe into pieces that are the same length depending on how big you want the dome or sphere to be.